Grilled Bacon Recipe - Grilling bacon can get tricky. The key is a slab of uncut, premium bacon, or thick-cut bacon steaks. The high-fat content can cause flares, so do not put bacon directly over the flames unless closely watched and carefully handled with barbecue tongs.
Slab bacon or Steak Bacon (thick-cut)
** Try Applewood Smoked Bacon or Hickory Smoked Country Bacon slabs or Dry-cured, smoked bacon steaks in Cajun, Applewood, Country, or Peppered.
How to barbecue slab bacon:
- Preheat grill to 250-375°F, if the temperature gauge is available on your grill. If not, you can estimate the heat at medium.
- Cook bacon indirectly, avoiding putting it directly over the fire. After an hour at 250-375°F, take it off the grill.
- Next, slice the slab bacon into 1/2 inch thick slices and cook it quickly again directly over the coals or fire to crisp it. Be careful and always use proper safety techniques and equipment.
How to barbecue sliced bacon:
- You can grill thick-cut sliced bacon (or bacon steak cuts) using indirect heat.
- Oil your grill or use bacon fat to grease the grate.
- Lay bacon across the grate, being careful that it cannot slip through when it cooks down.
- Watch the bacon closely, turning over with tongs. The total cook time will vary on how crisp you want your bacon, generally 10-20 minutes.
Want to skewer bacon?
Another method of grilling bacon is to go straight for thick-cut steak bacon. Slices should be about 1/4 inch thick. Thread bacon onto a skewer like sewing a stitch with a needle, making sure to go through the meaty parts, not the fat.
Do you want to glaze bacon?
You can paint on a layer of glaze just before removing bacon from the grill. Use a BBQ sauce or make a glaze-like sweet and spicy honey, hot sauce, and vinegar glaze.
Gourmet Bacon-Wrapped Luxury, Delivered!
You are the king of your castle. Master of the Feast and the feast should come to you. Plan for a weekend with all the luxury of top-quality ingredients and practically-butler-service when you have Burgers' Smokehouse deliver directly to your door.
All you have to do is heat up the grill to have the absolute best bacon-wrapped filet mignon and bacon-wrapped ribeye steak! We can even bake desserts and prepare home-style sides for you.