The best thing about waking up isn't bacon. And though a few strips alongside eggs and toast is about as classic a morning feast as you can get, there are plenty of other breakfast ideas that include bacon to try, too. Here are a few of our favorite recipes from breakfast food bloggers to cure your cravings.
Best Bacon Breakfast Ideas - Courtesy porkbeinspired.com .
Overnight Bacon Casserole from the National Pork Board
This recipe has the advantage of two opportunities to smell cooking bacon - once the night before and again the next morning.
- 1 pound Burgers' Smokehouse bacon, sliced
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (4 ounce)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Cut strips of bacon crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces. Cook bacon in skillet over medium heat until crisp; blot with paper towels. Discard accumulated bacon fat.
- Remove crusts from bread, and reserve for another use. Cut bread slices into cubes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, stir in milk, cheese and mustard. Gently stir bacon and bread cubes into egg mixture; spoon into buttered 8-inch square baking dish. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F. for 45 minutes or until knife inserted midway between center and outer edge comes out clean.
Bacon-Cheddar Breakfast Burritos from Chowhound
These burritos take the best of breakfast foods (eggs, bacon, and cheese) and wrap them up in a tortilla.
Maple Bacon Corn Muffins from Delish
Muffins are really just another term for cupcakes, minus the frosting. These muffins mix sweet and salty to start your day the best way possible.
Maple Bacon & Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits from The Chunky Chef
Another amazing pastry recipe, this one more savory than sweet. Added bacon grease gives these a richer flavor.
Bacon and Egg Breakfast Pizza from Pumpkin n Spice
This pizza trumps the leftover sausage and pepperoni slice in the fridge. Even better, you can prep and bake this in less than half hour.
Bacon Fried Rice from Buns in My Oven
Forget the yellow stuff with the paltry number of green peas and little else in it. This fried rice recipe incorporates bacon (of course) and sweet onion into the usual rice, peas, and carrots mix.
Breakfast side dishes are the perfect pairings for omelets and other egg dishes. These grits would feel right at home in New Orleans or at your next BBQ.
Dutch Bacon and Apple Pancakes from The Spruce
These pancakes aren't just for breakfast they're served at dinnertime in their native Netherlands.
Bacon Peanut Butter Banana Bread from How Sweet It Is
This is as close to Elvis Presley's fried peanut butter, banana, and bacon sandwich as you may wish to get. And like classic banana bread, a loaf of this is highly portable for potluck breakfasts and brunches.
Bourbon Bacon Jam from Cravings of a Lunatic
Nothing can beat bourbon for authentic country breakfast recipes. This variation on a Martha Stewart bacon jam recipe is spreadable heaven.