Bacon Recipes - from the Burgers' Smokehouse Kitchen
Burgers' Smokehouse Bacon: Easy Recipes
Tips for cooking bacon!
We love bacon! We are especially partial to our bacon at Burgers' Smokehouse. All of our bacon is dry-cured, no water added and slow smoked for a flavor and bite that is unique to our bacon and sets bacon recipes apart from other "recipes with bacon."
Today we are sharing a couple of our favorite bacon recipes that have been favorites of our team, including one pioneered by our own Mary (Burger) Keil, E.M. Burger's daughter.
Bacon and Cream Cheese Pinwheels
- 1/2 lb. Burgers' Smokehouse Bacon - any flavor (cooked & chopped)
- 1/2 c. Onion Chopped, finely
- 6 oz. cream cheese softened
- 3-4 T. Garlic Powder
- 2 cans - crescent refrigerator rolls
Step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Step 2: Unroll crescent rolls into eight rectangles (2 triangles per rectangle) and pinch together the seams.
Step 3: Spread each rectangle with cream cheese and then sprinkle with garlic powder, chopped bacon, and finely chopped onion.
Step 4: Roll up each rectangle from the short side to create lots of layers!
Step 5: Cut each roll into 4 slices and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
Step 6: Bake at 375 degrees F for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
Class Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato (BLT) Sandwich
- 8 Slices - your favorite bread
- 1 lb. Sliced - Burgers' Smokehouse Bacon
- 4-6 Slices - Iceberg Lettuce, washed
- 8 Slices - fresh tomatoes
- Optional: Mayo, BBQ Sauce, Cheese Slices, Pesto Sauce, Caramelized Onions, Balsamic Vinegar
Step 1: Bake or Fry all of your bacon slices. Depending on which type you chose - should be 8-14 slices of bacon, cooked & ready to serve!
Step 2: Toast your bread - to a light brown in the toaster or in the oven (5 min @ 300 degrees F.)
Step 3: Sandwich Assembly - on one slice of bread - layer your lettuce leaves - 1 - 1 1/2 per sandwich and on the other slice of bread layer 2 tomato slices.
Step 4: Place 2-4 slices of bacon (break in half if needed) between the two slices of bread before putting both sides together, to make a complete sandwich. Repeat three more times!
Step 5: Pick an optional variation!
* Complete the above process, but add Mayo to one slice of bread and a slice of your favorite cheese.