Cast Iron Ribeye Steaks
Learn how to make the best-tasting ribeye steak in a cast-iron skillet, perfectly seasoned and finished with a savory mustard sauce in under 30 minutes.
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- Two approx. 1/2-3/4 “ thick Burgers' Smokehouse Ribeye Steaks
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 branch thyme
- 1 branch rosemary
- Ingredients for Sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 of a scallion, sliced
- 1 green onion, thin sliced 1 green onion, thin sliced
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon butter
- Set out your ribeye steaks to bring to room temperature. Coat the steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium cast-iron skillet to medium-high heat on the stove. Once the skillet is hot, put the butter in and coat the pan. Immediately add the steaks to the middle of the pan, plus the cloves of garlic, thyme, and rosemary to the sides of the skillet. Cook the steaks until the bottoms have found a sear. Flip the steaks and cook to find another sear on the bottoms. While the steaks are searing, use a spoon to continuously baste the tops of the steak with the juices and butter that have cooked in the pan.
- When the steaks are cooked to your desired temperature transfer them to a plate to rest for ten minutes.
- Pour the remaining butter and juices from the pan into a small mixing bowl. Add in the sauce ingredients and mix thoroughly. Melt the mixture for 5 seconds in the microwave then mix thoroughly again to incorporate all ingredients.
- Place the steak on desired plates and serve with dipping sauce.
- Notes: Butter sauces harden or gelatinate easily; just heat and stir to keep a pourable consistency.