Bacon and Pork Jowl Sampler
All of our bacon is handcrafted and dry-cured.
This is a must try!!!
Both of our customer's favorite kinds of bacon are now available in one sampler pack!
Both the gourmet sliced pork jowl and our handcrafted country bacon are dry-cured, slowly smoked, and made with NO WATER ADDED, which means more bacon to eat!
We guarantee everyone you serve these products to will enjoy them. Let the great debate begin - which is the favorite at your house?
- Applewood Smoked Bacon 1 lb. pkg.
- Original Hickory Smoked Bacon 1 lb. pkg.
- Maple Hickory Smoked Bacon 1 lb. pkg.
- Sliced Country Pork Jowl 1 lb. pkg.
- Peppered Sliced Country Pork Jowl 1 lb. pkg.
Bacon Sampler Gift
A great way to try several of our gourmet dry-cured bacon is by buying or gifting a bacon sampler. We offer almost ten different combinations or a build your own option that allows you to mix & match to your bacon-loving heart’s content!
What is Pork Jowl Bacon?
Pork jowl bacon is like “regular” bacon except it’s sliced from the pork jowl instead of the pork belly, like traditional bacon. We still dry cure our pork jowls, age them for flavor & slow smoke them over real hickory wood before slicing & packaging them to be part of this sampler.
Dry Cured Bacon Slices and Slabs
Refrigerate upon arrival. If not to be used within 28 days, freeze for up to 6 months.
HOW TO COOK COUNTRY CURED BACON
How to pan-fry bacon:
- Arrange slices in a cold skillet.
- Cook slowly over low heat.
- Turn bacon while frying until crisp and golden brown.
- Remove slices and drain onto a paper towel.
How to microwave bacon:
- Place bacon strips between paper towels.
- Cook 4 slices on high setting for 3 minutes. Then cook at 30 seconds intervals until desired crispness.
- Microwave temperatures and personal preferences vary.
How to broil bacon in the oven:
- Place strips of bacon on rack in a preheated broiler, three to five inches from heat.
- Turn slices once. Broil to desired crispness.
How to Grill Bacon Steak:
- Heat gas or light charcoal grill. Bacon cooks best using indirect heat to reduce charring.
- Use spray bottle with water to reduce flare-ups.
- Place bacon perpendicular to cooking grates. Do not leave bacon unattended.
- Turn frequently and cook to desired crispness. Cooking time is approximately 20 minutes but varies greatly due to heat variances.
- Drain on paper towels.
How to oven bake Bacon Steak:
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place bacon in a single layer in a shallow pan (foil line for easy clean up).
- Place on middle rack and cook for approximately 10-15 minutes until desired crispness.
- Drain on paper towels.
How to serve our bacon
- Gives added flavor to a properly aged filet mignon when wrapped around the steak before broiling.
- Excellent for seasoning in green beans, navy beans, sauerkraut, etc.
- Adds hickory smoked flavor to a crock of baked beans when bacon has been cooked in the beans.
- Place one-half slice of partially fried bacon and a piece of cheese in the center of refrigerated biscuit or dinner roll and bake in the oven for a tasty treat.
- Take a good quality all meat wiener, split it open, place a piece of cheese in the wiener, and wrap a strip of our bacon tightly around the wiener and broil.
- Puts an old fashioned country cured hickory smoked flavor into that popular summer treat, the bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich—BLT.
Facts about Dry Cured Bacon
Dry-cured bacon is cured or preserved by the application of a dry mixture of salt, brown sugar, and pepper to the surface of the meat. To anyone who is familiar with true old-fashioned cured bacon, the resulting taste and flavor of this meat is delicious. Additionally, this means NO WATER is added during this process. It results in better flavor, a meatier bite, and leaves you with more bacon after cooking.
Dry-cured bacon may be frozen with excellent results according to many of our customers.