Peanut Butter Sandwich cookies
6 - 8 people
Our peanut butter sandwich cookie is an easy to follow dessert recipe that can easily be doubled if serving a larger crowd.
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 egg, large
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixing bowl until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips. (set aside remainder.) Drop dough in rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheet. Press down slightly.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- For Peanut Butter Frosting and Filling - Stir together 1-1/2 cups Peanut Butter Frosting and 1/4 cup of creamy or chunky peanut butter. Spread Peanut Butter Frosting and Filling on bottom side of one cookie.
- Place bottom side of second cookie over frosting, creating a cookie sandwich. Press slightly. If desired frost top of cookie sandwich and sprinkle with remaining choclate chips.