Ham and Rice Skillet Dinner
3 - 4 people
Give ham a new place at the table, with this easy to make Ham and Rice Skillet dinner recipe. The veggies add extra nutrition and color to this dish!
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green peas
- 1 1/2 cups frozen carrots
- 2 cups Burgers' Smokehouse Hickory Smoked ham, chopped
- 2 cups long grain rice, uncooked
- 3-4 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a heavy skillet, saute the chopped onion in butter until onion is tender
- Add ham and rice; cook over low heat until rice just begins to turn golden brown and add 3 cups of chicken broth
- Cover and cook, stirring frequently over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and carrots, stirring frequently, for 10 to 15 minutes longer, or until rice is tender, adding more chicken broth if necessary.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and serve.
- Salt and pepper to taste if desired.