Ham and Rice Skillet Dinner
Share with your friends
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green peas
- 1 1/2 cups frozen carrots
- 2 cups Burgers' Smokehouse Hickory Smoked ham, chopped
- 2 cups long grain rice, uncooked
- 3-4 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a heavy skillet, saute the chopped onion in butter until onion is tender
- Add ham and rice; cook over low heat until rice just begins to turn golden brown and add 3 cups of chicken broth
- Cover and cook, stirring frequently over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and carrots, stirring frequently, for 10 to 15 minutes longer, or until rice is tender, adding more chicken broth if necessary.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and serve.
- Salt and pepper to taste if desired.