Chicken Cordon Bleu
5 - 6 people
A traditional Chicken Cordon Blue recipe - simple and elegant. We recommend serving with one of our mushroom gravy recipes.
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 lb. Burgers' Smokehouse Hickory Smoked Ham, thin slices
- 1/2 lb. Swiss cheese, slices
- 3 cups Italian Dressing
- 1/2 cup Italian Bread crumbs
- Place chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound until very thin (1/4" or less.) Place in a dish and cover with Italian dressing to marinate for a least two hours or overnight.
- On a cutting board, place a chicken breast and cover with a generous amount of thinly sliced ham (~1/6th of total.) Cover the ham with a generous amount of thinly sliced Swiss cheese. Roll up chicken breast and tuck in ends.
- Roll chicken breast in Italian bread crumbs until lightly covered. Place in a baking dish and chill before baking (~30 min.)
- Bake in 350 degree oven 45 minutes to one hour.
- Freezer Tips: If to be frozen for later use, place in plastic bag and freeze. To use later, remove frozen Chicken Cordon Bleu from bag before thawing. Spray baking dish with cooking spray. Place in baking dish, making sure breast are not touching. After thawed, bake in 350 degree F. oven for 45-60 min.
- Tip - good served with the Mushroom Sauce recipe.