Spiral Sliced City Ham
There’s simply no substitute for our most popular ham. Our Hickory Smoked City Ham is a sweet honey ham that’s been slow-smoked over real hickory wood chips.
We still take our time to make our best ham, by using old world craftsmanship at every stage including the freshest hams, cure spices, and real hickory wood, plus these hams are spiral sliced to make serving extra convenient.
This Hickory Smoked City Ham is fully cooked and ready to eat; however, if you prefer to serve your ham warm, it can be easily heated, glazed and a ready-to-serve honey baked ham in about an hour!
A complimentary packet of our homemade Honey Glaze is included.
See our Cooking Instructions tab for more info on How to Prepare and Serve our hams.
** Best Value Hams must ship together to the same address.
How to Prepare the Hickory Smoked Spiral Sliced City Ham
Step 1: Thaw your ham in the refrigerator (if frozen) – all two – three days.
Step 2: How to Heat the Ham:
A: Serve it straight from the refrigerator or let it sit at room temperature for approximately 30 minutes before serving – the flavor is outstanding!
B: Warm the ham in the oven by placing it in a baking bag and then in a roasting pan OR straight into the roasting pan and covering with foil. Place in the oven at 350° F for around an hour or until it’s the temperature you desire. Remember – this ham is already fully cooked!
Step 3: How To Glaze Your Ham (optional)
- Remove your ham from the oven and discard baking bag or foil. Turn the oven onto a low broil temperature.
- Microwave the glaze packet (provided) for 30 seconds until the glaze becomes thin & spreadable. Caution – it will be hot.
- Brush the glaze over the ham
- Place it back in the oven for approximately five minutes, remove and add more glaze and return to oven for an additional 3-5 minutes allow the glaze to adhere to the ham.
Step 4: How to Cut, Slice and Serve
- Place ham on the cutting board – fat/glaze side up.
- Gently run a knife around the center bone.
- Next make a knife cut starting at the center bone & cut towards the outer surface of the ham allowing the slices to fall away.
- Serve this delicious Honey Glazed, Hickory Smoked Ham on a platter or serving dish of your choice!
For additional details click here: View Instructions (PDF)
Learn how to heat and serve your Spiral Sliced City Ham.