Ultimate BBQ Steak Burger
Share with your friends
- Onion Rings:
- Red Onion
- 1-2 sweet onions
- 2-3 cups buttermilk flour
- 12 oz. seltzer water (or domestic beer)
- 3/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- vegetable or canola oil (for frying)
- 4 Burgers’ Smokehouse steakburger patties
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 4 slices Burgers’ Smokehouse Bacon
- 4 slices American cheese
- 2 Tablespoons honey bbq sauce
- 2 brioche buns
- Toppings (Optional):
- Cut off the end of an onion and remove the onion skin. Slice the onion into thick-cut rings until you reach the end. Separate the rings from each. Repeat with the other onion.
- Pour the buttermilk into a large mixing bowl then add the onion rings. Soak them for 30 minutes, cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Pour the rest of the onion ring ingredients into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly, cover with plastic wrap, and set aside for now.
- Halfway fill a medium-sized pot with vegetable oil. Heat the pot on high heat to get the oil temperature to 380 degrees F. Once the oil is at temperature, one by one take an onion ring out of the buttermilk and dredge the rings in the batter, fully coating all of the rings. Quickly add the ring to the hot oil and fry until golden brown. Fry no more than five onion rings at a time.
- Once golden brown, transfer the onion rings onto a cooling rack with a baking sheet beneath to catch dripping oil. Repeat this with all the onion rings.
- Heat a large flat-top griddle to medium heat. While the griddle is heating, season the burger patties with salt and pepper on all sides. Transfer the burgers onto the griddle and cook to your desired meat temperature.
- Put the bacon slices on the same griddle and cook until bacon is slightly crispy. Remove the burgers and bacon from the heat once they are cooked.
- Build the burger starting with the bottom of a brioche bun. Put a Tablespoon of BBQ sauce on the bottom bun, then top with a burger patty, cheese slice, another burger patty, cheese slice, bacon, and lastly 2-3 onion rings. Then put the top bun on the onion rings. Repeat this step to build the second burger. Serve your two burgers with topping and onion rings on the side.
- Notes: Feel free to cook your burgers on an outdoor grill.