8 - 10 people
Stuffed Mushrooms are a favorite recipe of many, but does your recipe have diced summer sausage in it? Try this one and take all of the credit!
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 1/3 cup Burgers' Smokehouse Summer Sausage, chopped
- 15 Whole Button Mushrooms, washed and stems removed
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup green onions (some tops included)
- 1/3 cup + 3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1-2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3 tablespoons red pepper, chopped
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- In a sauce pan melt margarine and saute green onions and chopped mushroom stems for 3-4 minutes over low-medium heat.
- Leave the onions and mushroom stems in the pan, add 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, summer sausage and garlic salt and saute for an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Combine sauteed mixture with the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle inside bottom of mushrooms with onion powder. Fill mushrooms with mixture.
- Cover lightly with addigional (3 T.) shredded cheddar cheese, black pepper and small red peppers.
- Bake in 350 F degree oven for 15 minutes. Transfer to platter and serve hot.