22 - 23 people
A traditional snickerdoodle recipe that combines basic ingredients for a crowd pleasing cookie.
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (softened)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups sugar, butter, shortening & eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Next, stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Blend thoroughly.
- Mix the cinnamon & sugar into a small bowl. Shape dough into rounded balls about the size of a teaspoon. Roll them in the cinnamon and sugar mixture to coat each bowl.
- Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake until set, approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- Immediately remove from the cookie sheet when done. Makes about six dozen cookies.