4 - 6 people
Enjoy delicious bites of potatoes, smoked bacon & cheese when you make our Smashed Potatoes recipe. Get ready to enjoy a new favorite side dish!
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 20-25 petite Yukon gold potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary, grinded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 slices Burgers’ Smokehouse bacon
- 2 Tablespoons shredded Romano cheese
- Parsley for garnish
- Fill a pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Boil the potatoes for 7-10 minutes until they get slightly soft. Test with a fork.
- Strain the potatoes and set in an area to dry while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Put a small skillet on medium-high heat and cook the bacon until slightly crispy. Remove bacon from heat and set on a rack to remove excess oil. Once the bacon has cooled down, chop the slices into little pieces and set aside for later.
- Put the butter into a bowl and microwave for 15-20 seconds, until it’s completely melted. Add the salt, pepper, rosemary, and garlic to the butter and mix thoroughly. Set aside for now.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Now that the potatoes have cooled down, layout a baking sheet and evenly space the potatoes on it. Use any flat tool (the palm of your hand, cup, mallet, etc.) to flatten the potatoes. Use enough force to crush them but do not make them completely flat.
- Lightly brush each smashed potato with the butter mix, making sure to evenly coat each potato and not over-saturate a potato with butter. Once the potatoes are coated, sprinkle bacon pieces and Romano cheese on top of each potato.
- Place the baking sheet, with the potatoes, into the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes until potatoes become golden brown or crispy.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer the potatoes with a spatula to your desired serving plate. Garnish with minced parsley.
- Notes: Potatoes should not be cooked completely after boiling; they should be soft but firm enough to smash without completely smashing the potato. The rest of the cooking takes place in the oven.