Savory Turkey Stew
4 - 6 people
Savory turkey stew will warm your kitchen and your belly. All the best ingredients in a step by step recipe for your enjoyment.
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (19 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 4 cups Burgers' Smokehouse Smoked Turkey
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a large heavy pan, over medium heat, melt the butter or margarine.
- Add onions, green pepper, garlic, celery, and mushrooms.
- Cook, stirring constantly about 4 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Add tomatoes, chicken stock, potatoes, paprika, parsley, red pepper, oregano and thyme. Mix well.
- Reduce to low heat, cover and cook about 30 minutes.
- Add chopped Burgers' Turkey and green peas.
- Cover and cook over low heat for an additional 10-15 minutes, until turkey is heated and peas are tender.
- Serve hot!