Sausage Hash Brown Casserole
Share with your friends
- 3 Russet Potatoes
- 8 oz. Burgers' Smokehouse Breakfast Sausage
- 1/2 Large White Onion
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar
- 1 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Half and Half
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- Green Onion (garnishing)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Wash off russet potatoes and then shred them with a cheese-grater. Use a paper towel to pat the hash browns dry. Move the hash browns onto a baking sheet, spread evenly, and cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While hash browns are in the oven, put a large skillet on the stove at medium heat. Put the sausage on the pan and break apart while cooking. Once the sausage is cooked, remove from pan and put on paper towels to remove excess oil. Leave grease produced from the sausage in the pan remaining on medium heat.
- Chop the green bell pepper, white onion, and jalapeno. Put all the chopped vegetables into the hot pan. Sautee until tender.
- Pour in the sauteed vegetables, sausage, hash browns, 1 cup of cheddar, and 1 cup of mozzarella into a large mixing bowl and stir mixture completely. Pour mixture into medium baking pan (9” x 11”) and spread evenly.
- In a small mixing bowl, add eggs, half & half, salt, pepper, and paprika and scramble. Pour egg mixture evenly over hash browns.
- Top the casserole with the remaining cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover casserole with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 375 degrees.
- When the casserole is cooked, garnish with sliced green onion and serve.
- Tips: For a crispier cheese topping, remove aluminum foil with ten minutes left of baking time.