20 - 23 people
Our raisin bread recipe is a traditional recipe that's easy to follow. Perfect for breakfast, brunch or a snack!
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 eggs
- 12 cups flour
- 1 box raisins
- Mix together 2 cups flour and 1 cup warm water. Next, mix together 1/2 cup of warm water and 2 packages yeast. When yeast is dissolved mix with first mixture, and let stand l hour.
- In mixing bowl mix oil and melted butter. Add half and half, sugar, salt, eggs and 1 box raisins. Add to first mixture. Mix thoroughly; add flour (approximately 12 sifted cups) to make dough.
- Put dough on a floured board and knead until dough is smooth and elastic. Separate dough into 4 or more loaves and put in loaf pans (9 x 5 x 3”). Allow to rise before baking
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 50 to 60 minutes.
- Tip -Put 1 box or more raisins into a small amount of warm water. Sometimes it takes all the water to make the raisins soft.