20 - 23 people
Our raisin bread recipe is a traditional recipe that's easy to follow. Perfect for breakfast, brunch or a snack!
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 eggs
- 12 to 14 cups flour
- 1 box raisins
- 2 packages yeast
- Mix together 2 cups flour and 1 cup warm water. Next, mix together 1/2 cup of warm water and two packages yeast. When yeast is dissolved mix with the first mixture, and let stand l hour.
- In mixing bowl, mix oil and melted butter. Add half and half, sugar, salt, eggs, and one box raisins. Add to the first mixture. Mix thoroughly; add flour (approximately 12 sifted cups) until dough is thick and somewhat elastic.
- Put dough on a floured board and knead until the dough is smooth and elastic. Separate dough into 4 or more loaves and put in loaf pans (9 x 5 x 3”). Allow rising before baking
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for approximately 50 to 60 minutes.
- Tip -Put 1 box or more raisins into a small amount of warm water. Sometimes it takes all the water to make the raisins soft.