8 - 10 people
Potato skins are a favorite at any gathering. Our potato skin recipe is full of flavor and can be made ahead.
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- Six potatoes, large
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup green chili peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup Burgers' Smokehouse Bacon, cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Scrub clean six large baking potatoes. Prick the whole potato with a fork. Place the potatoes in a baking dish in the oven (don't let them touch) - for one hour.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese, bacon, green chilis, and peppers together.
- Remove potatoes from the oven & turn oven down to 350 degrees F. Cut the about 1/4 of the potato off of each long side to create the potato skin.
- Remove a majority of the potato from the skin, leaving a small layer of potato.
- Place about 1 Tablespoon of the mixture on each potato skin. Top with the shredded Monterey Jack cheese and bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately!