Orange Spice Glazed Spiral Sliced Ham
11 - 13 people
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- One 8.5 – 9.5 lb. Burgers’ Smokehouse Hickory Smoked Spiral Ham, thawed
- Combine all the ingredients, except for the spiral ham, in a small pot, and bring to medium-high heat on the stove. Mix thoroughly and bring to a simmer. Cook to reduce for 10-15 minutes until peach preserves melt and glaze thickens. Take the pot off the heat and let cool down for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- While the glaze is cooling, pat the spiral ham dry of any liquids or juices. Lay out three - 2 ft long aluminum foil sheets overlapping each other and transfer the ham to the center, flat side down. Brush the ham with half the glaze, making sure to thoroughly coat cracks and surfaces. Wrap the ham in the foil and tightly seal it, leaving no cracks or rips.
- Put the wrapped ham, flat-side down onto a rack that fits inside a roasting pan. Put 2 -3 cups of water at the bottom of the pan, making sure it does not touch the rack. Place the ham with the roasting pan into the oven and bake for 30 minutes to 45 minutes to warm the ham & set the glaze.
- Remove ham from the oven and open up the foil to remove all juices inside. While leaving the ham in the opened and drained foil, coat the ham with the rest of the glaze and then put it into the oven and heat for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the ham from the oven and let it cool down for 10 minutes before serving.