4 - 6 people
A creamy mushroom sauce is hard to beat. Try this recipe for a no fail recipe that's perfect to serve with your favorite beef, pork or chicken dish.
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 lb. mushrooms, thinly sliced
- In a saucepan, heat one tablespoon of the butter. Add parsley, garlic and onion. Cook over medium heat for three minutes.
- Stir in flour. Gradually add chicken broth, stirring constantly. Add nutmeg.
- In a skillet heat remaining butter, add sliced mushroom, and sauté five minutes. Combine with sauce and simmer fifteen minutes.
- Serve hot over Chicken Kiev, Chicken Cordon Bleu or your favorite dish.