Italian Style Spaghetti with Ham and Asparagus
3 - 4 people
Our twist on a familiar dish - spaghetti with ham and asparagus made us give this recipe two thumbs up. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top for extra flavor!
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 10 ounces asparagus spears, cut 1-2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups Burgers' Smokehouse Country Ham, cooked and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Steam asparagus until tender (but still firm).
- While spaghetti is cooking and asparagus is steaming, over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter or margarine in a large skillet or Dutch oven. Add the ham and garlic, saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Next, over very low heat, slowly stir the eggs into the sautéed ham and garlic, Cook, stirring frequently until eggs are set.
- Once eggs are set, add the Parmesan cheese, sliced olives, asparagus, remove from heat.
- When spaghetti is ready, drain water and put it back into the pot. Add 1/4 cup butter, salt and white pepper to taste, toss to coat. Add the egg and ham mixture to the spaghetti and toss gently. Serve hot.