Italian Chicken Sandwiches
3 - 4 people
Need a quick dinner recipe? Italian Chicken Sandwiches will work great - and even quicker when you use our fully cooked pulled chicken!
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 2 cups Burgers' Smokehouse Pulled Chicken (no sauce) (can also use Pulled Pork (no sauce))
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing (bottled)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 8 slices mozzerella cheese
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 4 large bakery rolls or buns, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a greased baking sheet.
- In small saucepan, place salad dressing, soy sauce, and garlic; bring to a boil over high temperature. Add the pulled chicken and let simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the sauce and let the sauce boil slowly for about 4 minutes (if there is any sauce left in the pan after removing chicken)
- To assemble sandwiches, place 1/4 of the chicken on the bottom of each roll; spoon 1 tablespoon sauce over chicken (if available) and add 1/4 of the sliced green onions and 1/4 of the black olives. Top each sandwich with 2 slices of Mozzarella cheese.
- Place tops on the sandwiches and place on a greased cookie sheet. Brush tops of rolls/buns with butter.
- Place in preheated oven and bake until heated through (approximately 12 minutes).