Share with your friends
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- Pre-heat Oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cream of tartar together. Next, add the shortening and blend.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg into the milk. After combining, add the flour mixture and blend.
- Roll out the dough on a flat surface to approximately -1/2 inch thickness. Next, cut biscuits with a biscuit cutter and place on a greased pan.
- Bake in 375 degree F. oven approximately 10 minutes, until golden brown.