Ham Pot Pie
5 - 6 people
The ultimate comfort food - our twist on pot pie with the addition of our ham plus all the ingredients you'd expect in this recipe.
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 2 1/2 cups Burgers' Smokehouse Ham, fully cooked and cubed
- 1 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in saucepan, stir in flour, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually add milk and onion; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Continue cooking and stirring for about 2 minutes longer, until thickened.
- Stir in ham, mixed vegetables, and hard boiled eggs.
- Pour mixture into a 9 inch round baking dish.
- Place pie crust over filling. Seal and crimp edges; cut several slits in the top.
- Melt 1 Tablespoon butter, stir in 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and brush on the top.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Serve hot!