Ham and Potato Skillet
5 - 6 people
Our Ham and Potato Skillet recipe can be served like a pizza. Perfect for brunch or dinner - follow the directions for the perfect entree!
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 bunch green onions, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/4 stick butter
- 1 lb. Burgers' Smokehouse Country or Hickory Smoked Ham
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- salsa (optional)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a heavy non-stick skillet, over medium-low heat, melt the butter.
- Place 1/2 of the potatoes, 1/2 of the onion, 1/2 of the red pepper and 1/2 of the Burgers’ Country Ham or Burgers' City Ham in the skillet.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Repeat with layers of potatoes, onions, red pepper and Burgers’ ham.
- Do not stir during this process.
- Cover and fry for 25-30 minutes on medium-low heat until potatoes are fork tender.
- When potatoes are fork tender, lightly beat eggs with a fork and pour over top of potato mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top of the eggs and let melt. Cover and cook until eggs are done, about 8 –10 minutes.
- Let set for 7 – 10 minutes and then slide out of skillet onto a plate or platter and cut like you would a pizza.
- Serve with salsa and Parmesan cheese desired.