Ham and Mushroom Cream Gravy
5 - 6 people
Ham and Mushroom Cream gravy is fantastic over bread or your favorite chicken recipe.
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup-1 cup heavy cream or evaporated milk
- 2 cups Burgers' Smokehouse Hickory Smoked Ham, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt 2 T. butter in a large heavy skillet on low heat.
- Add mushrooms and saute over medium-high heat until they absorb butter and are somewhat crisp (Do not brown them). Set aside.
- Melt 4 T. butter in a heavy saucepan or skillet on low- medium heat.
- Add flour and mix with a whisk until smooth. Whisk the milk in gradually.
- Cook until the sauce thickens and is smooth - about 3 minutes.
- Add the cream or evaporated milk to desired thickness
- Add the Burgers' Smokehouse ham (chopped) and mushrooms
- Season with salt and pepper to taste - note, our ham is already salted!
- Serve with toast, corn bread, muffins or biscuits.