Ham and Beans
10 - 12 people
A traditional ham and bean recipe that uses pork for the flavor you enjoy.
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 1 lb. Burgers' Smokehouse Country Ham Hock
- 1 lb. dried pinto beans
- 8 cups water
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Place pinto beans in a large pot. Add 2 cups of water and let stand overnight. After 12 hours, drain the water and rinse beans.
- Place rinsed beans in a large cooking pot. Add 6 cups of water and place ham hock in the pot with the beans. Bring pot to a boil.
- Then reduce heat and simmer gently for approximately two hours or until desired bean tenderness. When finished simmering, remove the ham hock and remove meat from the bone. Place the meat back in with the beans and serve.
- Optional - garnish with chopped green onion and season with salt & pepper.