Creme Brulee Cheesecake
10 - 12 people
Cheesecake is the perfect finish to any meal. Our Creme Brulee Cheesecake recipe is easy to make and tastes like two of your favorite desserts in one!
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- CRUST INGREDIENTS:
- 1 Cup Graham Crackers
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 TBSP. Sugar
- FILLING INGREDIENTS:
- 32 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 TBSP. Corn Starch
- 4 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream
- Start by setting the cream cheese, eggs, and sour cream to room temperature. Achieve this by leaving those ingredients out of refrigeration for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, crush all the graham crackers into coarse crumbs. Pour in the melted butter and sugar into the crumbs and stir until combined.
- Ready a 10-inch spring-form pan by coating it with cooking spray. Pour crust mixture into the pan and spread around evenly. Using a cup, tightly flatten the crust into the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes in the oven. At the end of the timer, let the crust sit to cool down. Keep the crust in the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, put in the room temperature cream cheese and sugar. With a hand mixer, slowly blend the ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Add in the vanilla extract and sifted corn starch to the batter. Slowly blend. Add one egg at a time to the batter and continue to slowly blend until mixed. Finally, add the sour cream and blend slightly. Avoid blending too fast to avoid air bubbles.
- Pour the batter into the crust. Tap the pan against the countertop to release any unwanted air bubbles.
- Place the pan onto a baking sheet and place in oven. Cook for 1 hour. Once the time is complete, turn the oven off and leave the oven door slightly open with a wooden spoon. Let the cheesecake sit in the oven for another hour while the oven cools down.
- After the hour passes, the cheesecake should be just a little wobbly when shaken. Set the cheesecake in the fridge and let it cool for no less than 3 hours.
- Take the cheesecake out of the fridge and remove the spring-form pan slowly to avoid tearing.
- Set the cheesecake on a non-display dish. Sprinkle on a fine layer of granulated sugar on top of the cheesecake. With a torch, melt the sugar until it becomes golden brown.
- Cut slices with a hot knife and serve.
- Tips: Set a pan of water on the lower oven shelf during the bake to help the cheesecake from cracking.