Creme Brulee Cheesecake
Share with your friends
- CRUST INGREDIENTS:
- 1 Cup Graham Crackers
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 TBSP. Sugar
- FILLING INGREDIENTS:
- 32 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 TBSP. Corn Starch
- 4 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream
- Start by setting the cream cheese, eggs, and sour cream to room temperature. Achieve this by leaving those ingredients out of refrigeration for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, crush all the graham crackers into coarse crumbs. Pour in the melted butter and sugar into the crumbs and stir until combined.
- Ready a 10-inch spring-form pan by coating it with cooking spray. Pour crust mixture into the pan and spread around evenly. Using a cup, tightly flatten the crust into the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes in the oven. At the end of the timer, let the crust sit to cool down. Keep the crust in the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, put in the room temperature cream cheese and sugar. With a hand mixer, slowly blend the ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Add in the vanilla extract and sifted corn starch to the batter. Slowly blend. Add one egg at a time to the batter and continue to slowly blend until mixed. Finally, add the sour cream and blend slightly. Avoid blending too fast to avoid air bubbles.
- Pour the batter into the crust. Tap the pan against the countertop to release any unwanted air bubbles.
- Place the pan onto a baking sheet and place in oven. Cook for 1 hour. Once the time is complete, turn the oven off and leave the oven door slightly open with a wooden spoon. Let the cheesecake sit in the oven for another hour while the oven cools down.
- After the hour passes, the cheesecake should be just a little wobbly when shaken. Set the cheesecake in the fridge and let it cool for no less than 3 hours.
- Take the cheesecake out of the fridge and remove the spring-form pan slowly to avoid tearing.
- Set the cheesecake on a non-display dish. Sprinkle on a fine layer of granulated sugar on top of the cheesecake. With a torch, melt the sugar until it becomes golden brown.
- Cut slices with a hot knife and serve.
- Tips: Set a pan of water on the lower oven shelf during the bake to help the cheesecake from cracking.