Creamy Sundried Tomato Penne with Summer Sausage
6 - 8 people
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 16 oz. penne pasta
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 of a sweet onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz. Burgers’ Smokehouse Beef or Ozark summer sausage, cubed
- Grated parmesan cheese for garnish
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Halfway fill a medium-sized pot with water and bring to a boil. Add in the penne and cook al dente. Strain and set aside.
- Put a medium-sized sauce on the stove and bring to medium-high heat. Add in the butter and melt to coat the pan. Add in the romas, sun-dried tomatoes, onion, and garlic and until ingredients melt into a rough consistency.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add in the tomato puree, thyme, salt, and pepper and simmer until slightly bubbling. Stir more than occasionally.
- Once the sauce has simmered and reduced, add the heavy cream and stir to combine. Let the sauce simmer.
- Add in the summer sausage and let the sauce simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Mix the sauce and penne together then plate. Garnish the pasta with parmesan and parsley.