Creamy Spinach and Ham Bread Bowls
Make the ultimate comfort food with our creamy spinach & ham chowder-style soup served in a delicious bread bowl to be enjoyed for lunch or dinner!
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz. sour cream
- 12 oz. cream cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dill
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 5 oz. Burgers’ Smokehouse Country Ham or Hickory Smoked Ham, chopped
- 8 oz. fresh spinach
- 6 medium-sized bread rolls
- 3 oz. shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 oz. grated parmesan cheese
- Heat a small pan to medium heat and cook the onion and garlic until onions are soft. Add the onions and garlic to the crockpot.
- Add in the sour cream, cream cheese, salt, pepper, thyme, dill, cayenne, and olive oil into the crockpot. Turn the crockpot to high temperature and cover with a lid. Cook for 45 minutes, stirring cheese mix occasionally.
- Once the cooking time is complete, add in the ham and spinach, mixing into the cheese mix. Cook for 15 minutes and stir occasionally.
- While the cheese mix is cooking, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare the rolls by cutting into the top and removing the middle portion of the roll to create a bowl (keep the bottom intact to hold the cheese mix.)
- Place all cut rolls onto a baking sheet and equally fill up each bread bowl with the cheese mix. Evenly cover the tops with Swiss and parmesan then place into the oven to cook for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and lightly browned. Will be a chowder-like consistency when done.
- Once the bread bowls have cooked, they are ready to serve.
- Notes: Baking the bread bowls in the broiler will help speed up the cheese melting time. It will also brown the top easily. Broil for only 5-7 minutes if choosing to do so.