Ingredients and Method
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 3/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cup red & green bell peppers, julienne sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups half & half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 8 cups French bread, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 1/2 cups Burgers' Smokehouse Hickory Smoked Ham cubes
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion & bell peppers; saute approximately 4 minutes.
- Next, add garlic & cook 30 seconds, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half & half, salt and pepper until well combined. Add bread, ham, cheddar cheese, onion mixture, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese over top. Pour into an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish (lightly greased.)
- Cover & refrigerate at least 1 hour or preferably overnight. When ready to serve, bake at 350 degrees F until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Approximately 45-50 minutes.