8 - 10 people
Need a new recipe at breakfast? Look no further than our Breakfast Enchilada recipe with ham and cheese. The perfect breakfast recipe no matter who is eating!
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 4 cups Burgers' Smokehouse Country or Hickory Smoked Ham, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup green bell peppers, chopped
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divide into 3 cups and 1 cup)
- 12 Flour Tortillas (7 - inch)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (if desired)
- Mix together cooked ham, green onions, and green peppers.
- Spoon about a 1/2 cup of the ham mixture and 1/4 cup shredded cheese onto each tortilla, then roll up.
- Place filled tortilla, seam side down, in a 9 x 13 greased oven safe dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, evaporated milk, flour, garlic powder, and hot pepper sauce and mix well.
- Pour egg mixture over tortillas.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and bake, uncovered, in the oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until set.
- Next, remove casserole from oven and sprinkle casserole with remaining 1 cup shredded cheese. Bake about 3 minutes or more, until cheese melts.
- Let stand at least 10 minutes before serving.