Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon
2 - 3 people
BEST BACON WRAPPED FILET MIGON
A Bacon-wrapped filet mignon recipe that's sure to be a hit whether it's a night at home or a special occasion.
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- Two Burgers' Smokehouse Filet Mignon
- 2 tablespoons any dry steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped thyme
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 slices Burgers' Smokehouse Bacon
- 2 toothpicks
- Heat grill - whether gas or charcoal. If charcoal, make sure coals have an ash covering on the outside.
- Cover both sides of the steaks with the dry seasoning mixture.
- Next, combine the thyme and butter into a small bowl. With a brush, spread the mixture on both sides of the steak.
- Now, take each slice of bacon and carefully secure it around each steak. Secure with a toothpick to hold in place.
- When your grill is hot, place the steak on the hot grill for approximately 3 minutes (until there are char marks.) After this time, flip the steak and re-baste with the butter/herb mixture. Close the grill lid.
- Continue to repeat this process - flipping and re-basting - three to four more times until desired steak doneness is achieved. Use a meat thermometer for the best accuracy. We recommend a medium steak - approximately 140-145 degrees F.
- When steaks are done on the grill, remove and place on plate and tent with foil. Bacon will be done, but not necessarily crispy. Let rest five minutes to lock in juices prior to serving & slicing.