Bacon Cinnamon Rolls
6 - 9 people
Here is our favorite cinnamon roll recipe, but with a savory twist. Combining our sweet rolls, icing and bacon will be a new favorite.
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 3 slices Burgers' Smokehouse bacon
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees F)
- 2 packages yeast
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- To prepare the rolls - scald 1/2 cup milk; stir in 1/2 cup sugar, salt and 1/4 cup margarine. Cool to lukewarm. Sprinkle or crumble in yeast; stir until dissolved. Stir in lukewarm milk mixture, beaten eggs and half of the flour; beat until smooth.
- Stir in remaining flour to make a slightly stiff dough. Turn dough out on lightly floured board. Knead until smooth and elastic, about eight minutes. Place dough in greased bowl, turning to grease top.
- Cover; let rise in warm place, free from draft, until doubled in bulk. About 1 hour. Punch down; and divide into four parts. Roll out on a floured board about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cover with melted butter. Cover with brown sugar. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Add nuts if desired. Start on one end and roll dough length wise.
- Cut into 3/4 inch pieces. Spray a 9 inch baking pan or baking dish with cooking spreay. Place 3/4 inch pieces in pan or dish. Allow to rise to double in size. Approximately 1 hour or longer.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the cinnamon rolls are cooling, prepare your bacon & icing. Suggested prep method for bacon - preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place bacon in a single layer on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake for approximately 20 minutes until, crispy - not burnt.
- For the icing, place butter, milk, and vanilla in mixing bowl before adding the powdered sugar. Combine all ingredients by using an electric mixer on low speed. Mix until icing is a spreadable consistency.
- Next, after bacon is removed from oven, chop into tiny pieces. Spread the icing on the cinnamon rolls and immediately top with bacon pieces (so that they stick to the icing.) Serve and enjoy this sweet and savory treat!