Ingredients and Method
- 3 cups cored and sliced Jonathan apples
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Prepare your favorite pie crust. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix apples, flour, butter, and sugar. Mix together well.
- Put filling into the pie shell. Roll out the top of the pie crust and place over pie filling and outer crust. Crimp the edges together well.
- Sprinkle the top of the dough with sugar and cinnamon. Prick dough several times with a fork.
- Place pie in the oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. and bake an additional 45 minutes.
- Let cool and serve by itself or with whipped cream or ice cream!