2 Tablespoons butter
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
4 Tablespoons butter
4 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
1/2 cup heavy cream or evaporated milk
2 cups diced Burgers' cooked ham
salt and ground pepper (to taste)
1. Melt 2 Tablespoons of the butter in a large heavy skillet.
2. Add the mushrooms and saute over medium-high heat until they absorb the butter but are still somewhat crisp. (They must not brown.) Set them aside.
3. Melt 4 Tablespoons butter in a heavy saucepan or skillet on medium heat.
4. Add the flour and mix with a wisk until smooth. Whisk in the milk gradually.
5. Cook until the sauce thickens and is smooth, about 3 minutes.
6. Add the cream or evaporated milk to desired thickness.
7. Add the chopped cooked Burgers' ham and mushrooms.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (Watch the salt because the ham.)
9. Serve with toast, corn bread, muffins or biscuits. Serves 6.
City Ham Salad and Omelette Meat