Ham Skillet Supper
6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
1 bunch green onions, peeled and sliced thin
1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 stick butter or margarine
1 lb Burgers’ Country Ham or Burgers' City Ham cooked and cut in thick strips
1-cup cheddar cheese, grated
salt and pepper to taste
4 medium eggs
Salsa and grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. In a heavy non-stick skillet, over medium-low heat, melt the butter.
2. Place 1/2 of the potatoes, 1/2 of the onion, 1/2 of the red pepper and 1/2 of the Burgers’ Country Ham or Burgers' City Ham in the skillet.
3. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Repeat with layers of potatoes, onions, red pepper and Burgers’ ham.
5. Do not stir.
6. Cover and fry 25 to 30 minutes on medium-low heat until potatoes are fork tender.
7. When potatoes are fork tender, lightly beat eggs with a fork and pour over top of potato mixture.
8. Sprinkle cheese over the top of the eggs and let melt. Cover and cook until eggs are done, about 8 –10 minutes.
9. Let set for 7 – 10 minutes and then slide out of skillet onto a plate or platter and cut like you would a pizza.
10. Serve with salsa and Parmesan cheese desired.