Creamed Country Ham and Eggs
1 cup diced, Burgers Country Ham
3 Tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 cup sliced green onion
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
2 Tablespoons flour
2 cups milk
4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
1 cup cooked asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
1. In a large skillet or heavy saucepan over medium heat, lightly brown ham in butter or margarine.
2. Add green pepper and onion; cook, stirring until vegetables are tender.
3. Add flour and cook, stirring until flour is absorbed and mixture is smooth.
4. Remove from heat and add milk a little at a time; stirring constantly, until thickened and smooth.
5. Add eggs and asparagus and reheat.
6. Serve with toast, corn bread, muffins or biscuits.