Country Ham Corn Bread
1 lb. chopped Burgers' Country Ham (cooked and drained-reserve drippings)
1 medium onion (or 4 bunches green onions), chopped
2 packages of Corn Bread Mix
1/2 cup sugar (optional)
2 Tablespoons country ham drippings (optional)
1 can cream style corn (16 oz.)
2 cups grated cheese; cheddar for mild or pepper jack for zesty flavor
1 cup chopped jalapeno peppers (optional)
1. Fry the diced ham over medium heat, stirring frequently to break up chunks, for at least 4 minutes.
2. Remove the ham chunks and add the onion, saute the onion and set aside, reserving 2 Tablespoons of the drippings.
3. Mix corn muffin mix as directed on packages.
4. Add the country ham drippings, sugar and creamed corn.
5. Mix well.
6. Grease large cake pan. Pour 1/2 of corn bread mixture in pan, then layer the cooked country ham, onion, grated cheese, and pepper if desired.
7. Pour other half of corn bread mixture over cheese evenly.
8. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 40 to 45 minutes.
Cooked Country Ham
Glazed Spiral Sliced Country Ham
Southern Smokehouse Ham Steaks