1/4 cup butter
1 cup unseasoned croutons
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese(or hot pepper cheese for a KICK)
3/4 cup milk
1 cup cooked Burgers' country ham, cubed.
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
Ground white pepper to taste (1/8 teaspoon)
1. Melt butter in an 8 x 8 inch glass baking dish or small casserole dish.
2. Add croutons and toss to coat.
3. Sprinkle cheese on top of croutons.
4. In a large bowl beat together: eggs, milk, and white pepper. Stir in chopped bell pepper and onion.
5. Pour mixture over croutons and cheese. Sprinkle on Burgers' cubed ham .
6. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
7. The next morning, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Let casserole stand at room temperature while oven heats.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, until eggs are set.
9. Let sit for about 5 minutes before serving. Can also be frozen or microwave for later. Serves 4 to 5 people.
Cooked Tenderlean Country Ham Steaks