Ingredients for cooking ham
Ham glaze ingredients
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
Steps to Bake a Ham
- Rinse the ham with warm water, removing any leftover cure or mold (this is an entirely natural and safe part of the aging process)
- Place in the roasting pan or oven, skin side up.
- Add water to cover at least 2/3 of the ham. Leave 2 inches from the top to avoid overflows during cooking or handling
- Add one cup of sorghum, honey, or brown sugar
- Insert a meat thermometer and cover the roaster
- Bake at 250° until the meat thermometer reads °155
- Allow to cool in the liquid until safe to handle
- Trim skin and excess fat
Steps to Glaze Ham
- Mix brown sugar and vinegar into a thick paste
- Apply to the fat side of the ham in an even layer
- Bake uncovered at 400° for approximately 20 minutes until golden brown, watching closely to avoid burning
No meat thermometer?
Bake ham at 250° for 20 minutes per pound
Download our brochure for more information, instructions, and helpful tips on how to cook ham.
Attic Aged Country Ham
Aged naturally for a "Country Year", which is 7 to 9 months, this ham is an option for the "connoisseur" of old fashioned hams who prefers not to have a smoked ham. The taste is more robust than Burgers' Smokehouse traditional country hams. Each fresh ham is rubbed with a simple, time-honored recipe before being aged. Available uncooked, cooked, whole, half, spiral sliced, and ham steaks.
This delicious uncooked country ham is brown sugar -country cured for four to six months, before being lightly hickory smoked. We smoke ham with 100% hickory and never use liquid smoke. It's so mouth-watering that one bite demands another.
It has that characteristic and delicious country flavor, but it is milder than our Attic Aged Hams. You can fry it, bake it, or boil it. A perfect choice for breakfast, lunch, or supper. Each ham has been cured with salt, brown sugar, and black pepper.
Tradition delivered to your door
Like Burgers' cooked hams, Burgers' Smokehouse delivers these premium uncooked hams directly to your door. You get the best quality nationwide, without the drive.