The holidays are just around the corner and no matter holiday you are celebrating, there is bound to be celebration! Don't let the stress of planning the perfect get together distract from the fun of seeing family, friends and loved ones. Let us share some tips and recipes that we hope will make this time less stressful and more enjoyable!
1. Appetizers & Finger Foods
Whether you are serving a dinner or just having a few people over, having at least one or two easy appetizers or finger foods will fill the void if you have any hungry guests. We suggest something very easy, such as, a bowl of your favorite nuts and sliced cheese and sausage with crackers. Both can be made ahead of time and can be out of refrigeration for an extended period of time.
2. Consider Appetizers as the Main Event
As we just listed, many appetizers can be easier to prepare, provide a variety of options and are a "fun" twist especially for something special. Some ideas include:
- Make Your Own Slider Sandwich Bar (small buns, favorite meat - i.e. Brisket, Pulled Pork, Pulled Chicken and more , plus condiments)
- Dips w/ Chips, Veggies and more - be creative. You cannot mess this one up! Here are a couple of recipes from us - Curry Vegetable Dip and Fruit Dip.
- Delight guests with a charcuterie platter crafted from the meats in our Holiday Buffet pack or Colossal Sausage & Cheese sampler for a filling & festive option.
3. Pick a Portion of your Meal - and get it Prepared for You
There are so many great tasting options available that are ready to heat or eat that by picking one or two things you plan to prepare and serving those as an alternative will save you lots of time and energy. And feel free to still take the credit!
4. Beyond the food, keep your decorations tasteful & easy!
We suggest using high quality, throw away dishes for eating on, but stick with a plain color so that if you have leftover, you can use them for a different holiday. Add some holiday cheer through festive napkins. Create an easy holiday centerpiece using a large bowl with extra ornaments, pine cones and garland - wrapped together for a playful and cheerful decoration.
We hope these suggestions help or spur thoughts for other ideas. Enjoy the holidays and happy entertaining!