Have you marked your calendar? Easter 2020 is Sunday, April 12th, and there is no reason to not start planning for all of the delicious Easter side dishes you might want to serve or take to your celebration. Especially the best side dish for ham. With Easter being especially late in the season this year, you may be able to use some fresh produce depending on where you live, but that will not be case for us in Central Missouri! With that in mind...here are some ideas we have.
- Six potatoes, large
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Chopped green onions
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Chopped Burgers' Smokehouse bacon
- Chopped Red Pepper
- seasoning pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Scrub clean six large baking potatoes.
- Prick the whole potato with a fork. Place the potatoes in a baking dish in the oven. (Do not let them touch) for 1 hour.
- In a mixing bowl, place one stick of butter, cream cheese and salt. Blend together thoroughly.
- Remove potatoes from the oven. Cut off the top third of potato with knife. Scoop out the potato from the top third of potato and place in the mixing bowl with other mixture. Discard the leftover potato skin.
- Remove potato from the bottom part of the potato and add that to the mixture in the bowl. Save the bottom part of the potato skin. Mix the baked potato and the mixture together.
- Next fill up each bottom potato skin with the combined mixture. Garnish with chopped green onions, grated cheddar cheese, Burgers' Smokehouse bacon(chopped) or chopped red peppers.
- Sprinkle with paprika or seasoning pepper if desired
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Apple Pie Wine (optional)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 cups crisp Romaine or Green Leaf lettuce, chopped (approximately 1 head of lettuce)
- 2 medium tart red apples, cored and diced (do not peel) (recommended: Fuji or Honeycrisp)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 8 slices Burgers’ Smokehouse Applewood Smoked Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a jar with a lid, seal, and shake. (You can make ahead and store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.)
- Add all the salad ingredients to a large bowl, lightly drizzle the dressing over the top (add less than you think you need), and toss. Serve with extra dressing and Apple Pie Wine on the side.
Recipe courtesy of our collaboration with the ladies at Thriving Home Blog!
Not sure you want to embark on making a side dish recipe for Easter? No problem. Order all of your favorite side dishes from us and then you are ready to just heat & serve. A pro tip...heat them in our dish and transfer them to your own dish. Your secret is safe with us!
We hope that some of these recipes or ready to heat options will inspire you for some great tasting Easter side dishes this year. And if side dishes are not on your mind, but what ham you are going to serve is, we can help there too! At Burgers' Smokehouse, we cure, age and slow smoke all of our hams for delicious flavor that we would only serve our own family. From Hickory Smoked City hams to a Spiral Sliced Country Ham, most of our hams come with a honey glaze packet and are fully cooked for the ultimate in great taste and convenience.
We wish you all the best this Easter season from the team at Burgers' Smokehouse!