What is the difference between Burgers’ Smokehouse bacon and others brands commonly found in the grocery store?
Most bacon found in the grocery store is moist cured. Burger bacon, unless specified otherwise on the label, is dry cured using the same traditional curing methods as country ham. This results in a rich flavor development that has universal appeal. Our bacon is smoked using natural hickory sawdust.
What is the difference between the various flavors of Burger’s Smokehouse Country Bacon?
1. Original Country Bacon - Our original recipe and still our best seller.
2. Peppered Country Bacon - Our original recipe with an extra layer of black pepper rubbed on the surface.
3. Original Country Bacon Steak - Our original recipe, but sliced a full ¼ inch thick for baking or grilling.
4. Peppered Country Bacon Steak - Our original recipe with an extra layer of black pepper rubbed on the surface.
5. Cajun Bacon Steak - Our original recipe with a blend of cajun spices for just the right amount of bit of a "kick".
6. Maple Country Bacon - Add a little maple flavor to our dry cure and you have yet another desirable flavor alternative.
7. Applewood Bacon - Still dry cured, but with a little less salt and a hint of cinnamon and smoked with Applewood.
8. Second Slice Bacon - Any bacon marked with a “second slice” oval doesn’t quite make the grade for number one bacon but is better than end cuts.
9. End Slices - Bacon slices taken from each end of the slab. End slices tend to be a little saltier than the center slices because of the additional cure that is absorbed into the slab on each end.