|1/2 cup onion, chopped|
1/ cup green pepper, chopped
1/4 cup celery, sliced
1 cup rice, uncooked
1/2 cup margarine
1 can tomatoes, chopped (16 oz. can)
1 and 1/2 cup Burgers' Smoked Turkey, cooked and chopped
1 cup water
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tsp. chili powder
dash of ground pepper (if desired)
|1. In large heavy pan (with a lid) melt margarine.|
2. Add onion, green pepper, celery and rice.
3. Saute until rice begins to brown (about 4 minutes).
4. Add tomatoes, Burgers' Turkey, water, ketchup, chili powder, and ground pepper (if desired) to rice mixture.
5. Bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat, cover with lid, and cook slowly until rice is tender. (about 25 minutes)
7. Stir as needed to prevent sticking.
8. Serve hot.