|2 Tablespoons olive oil or butter|
2 large onions, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 medium cloves garlic, minced
12 oz. Burgers' cooked diced ham
1 cup uncooked rice
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 drops hot pepper sauce, or to taste
1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz.)
1/2 cup chicken broth
|1. Heat oil or butter in a dutch oven or heavy large saucepan.|
2. Add onions, bell pepper and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
3. Add Burgers' cooked ham, thyme, salt, hot sauce, tomatoes, and chicken broth.
4. Stir well. Cover and cook about 20 minutes.
5. Add rice and stir until rice is well coated.
6. Cover and simmer until rice is tender (add more liquid if needed)
7. Cool until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
8. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper sauce as needed.
9. Remove bay leaf and serve. Serves 4 to 5.